by Ruru Pilapil
Last October 5, 2010 - Tuesday, I was asked by my boss to go to Hong Kong for a very important meeting. Its my second time to go out of the country for this year. I won't elaborate more of my business trip, I would just like to share the experience of travelling to Hong Kong alone for just a day. Haha!
Manila to HongKong via Cebu Pacific
Departure: 05 October 2010, Tuesday, 0755 H
Arrival: 05 October 2010, Tuesday 0955 H
I was one of the first 10 to check in. I went through the whole process same with my Bangkok Trip: Pay Travel Tax, Check-in luggage, Pay Terminal Fee, and Immigration. And waited for like 30 minutes at the boarding area before boarding.
It was a 2 hour flight from Manila to HongKong, lucky me I get to have some sleep during the flight. I even managed to have breakfast inside the plane, ordered Ham and Cheese Sandwich and a bottle of C2 drink. ;-)
I arrived 25 minutes earlier than the arrival time, 0930am. This is the the start of my day, everything seems to be a blur! But I'm excited, the feeling of being in a place that I've never been to excites me the most. :lol:
I have to go through the whole process again: Claim Luggage, Immigration, then done. I'm surprised that in order to go to the Immigration, I have to ride a train within the airport. Cool. :-D
Since I'll be meeting someone after lunch, I did some strolling and window shopping inside the airport while waiting, the airport is like a big shopping mall with lots of stores and restaurants inside. Here are some pics:
For lunch, I saw this nice restaurant. Popeye's!
I ordered 2 piece chicken with potato, fries, and a soda.
I only have like 9 hours in Hong Kong so I wasn't able to go out and explore the city for I'll be missing my flight going back home if I did so.
I arrived at HKIA Terminal 1, according to the airport map there are more stores located on the Terminal 2. So I went there and explore. :lol:
I exchanged some dollars.
Bought a watermelon shake while strolling.
And saw this nice shoes from Bossini. I can't let this pass so I bought it. Haha! :-)
Late afternoon, I have to serve the main purpose why I'm there, and its work. And it only means that my HongKong day trip ends there. Haha! Mission accomplished, thank you Lord! And to the woman who helped me inside the airport, thank you so much!!! :-)
Its time to go back home.
HongKong to Manila
Departure: 05 October 2010, Tuesday, 1930 H
Arrival: 05 October 2010, Tuesday, 2130 H
I got this fridge magnet from the store beside the boarding gate. Nice. I even get to buy some pasalubongs for my officemates. Haha!
I arrived at exactly 0915pm at NAIA Terminal 3, thank God that the Company Driver's there to pick me up. Super tired.
It was a memorable day for me. And I'm so excited to go back to HongKong, this time as a tourist next year January with friends!
See you soon, HK! ;-)



















No comments:
Post a Comment