Monday, November 9, 2009

There's no place like DIVISORIA

by Jec Chua

My friends, Ruru, Tr, laurice, Kat and I decided to go to Divisoria to buy things for our Cebu-Bohol trip and to do an early Christmas shopping as well. We decided to meet at LRT2 recto Station at exactly 7:30 am. Of course they are all late as always. hehe

How to get there:

Option 1: LRT line 1. Get off at Doroteo Jose Station (15 Php) - walk all the way to the link going to the line 2 Recto Station - ride a jeep going to Divisoria (7 Php)

Option 2. LRT Line2. 1. Get off at Recto Sation(14 Php) 2. Ride a jeep going to Divisoria.

from Monumento, you can ride a jeep going to divisoria. (11 php)

We arrived at exactly 8:30 a.m at Divi, and decided to go to our first STOP, the ever famous 168 Mall.

I thought SM have it all, but move over, 168 Mall got everything we can imagine! Starting from clothes, foot-wears, home decors, toys, school supplies, hardware supplies, lingerie, cook ware - you name it they got it and the thing that made it really famous is that they are selling this items at a very very low price (and you can still bargain) ."Palengke price" with the convenience of shopping at an air conditioned place and security roaming around -this is what makes it a heaven for budget conscious shoppers like us. At first the five of us were at group checking all the stuffs around, but we find it a bit unproductive so we decided to separate ways and just meet somewhere after. I am used shopping conveniently with Kat so we decided to stick together. We have the whole day but still the two of us felt that we need to beat the time shopping for we know that there are a lot in store for us in Divisoria.

The place was filled with irresistible stuffs to buy, so we declared it an ubos pera day again for us. We went way off our budget! We can't say no to those things, we rarely have time to shop there.

After scanning all the goods at 168 mall, Kat and I decided to check the things outside. Things outside were way more cheaper! We bought the shades that we need for our trip for only 50 pesos each, beat that! Pretty shorts for 75 Php each, and Kat got a bag worth 200 pesos but looks like a winning 2000 peso worth of bag for me.

We then went to TUTUBAN. At the first stop, Kat and I spotted a very nice vest for only 75 pesos! I was really disappointed to know that I can buy a vest that looks much the same as what I bought at TANGO that is worth a thousand peso. :(

Kat has much to shop that day buying tops here and there. We both spotted a plaid Polo, which very much like the one that I want from Penshoppe costing 800 pesos, and this one was sold for only 170 Pesos. Wow! I look good in Plaid according to someone that's why I love buying plaid polos, and of course I am a Harry Potter fan so I want to dress like him with the company of a pair of nice chuck taylor's  of course.

All of us met at McDo to fuel up, and we're off again to check more things. This time I went with laurice to purchase some T-shirts for my brother's and sisters. I got all of them nice vintage Tees for only a hundred pesos each.

We are dead tired afterwards yet we are happy.
13833_169732953586_631468586_2927095_6820600_n
Kat, me, TR, Laurice and Ruru"
Ruru and I were really excited to show each other what we got, and we both graded our selves an A+ for being a good bargain hunter for looking at what each of us got there shows that we are really born to be good at hunting good stuffs.

13833_169733008586_631468586_2927103_515293_n
Funky shirts Ruru bought
more of the good stuff

Divisoria, wait for us. We will definitely be back for more! hehe

1 comment: