by Jec Chua
Dj and I journeyed miles away from Manila and spent 40 memorable days in the beautiful City of Singapore. I want to immortalize all the wonderful things that happened to us in that place that's why I'm made this post. This is also to express our deepest gratitude to all the wonderful people we met during our stay there that made our stay truly unforgettable.
Overly excited with our first out of the country trip together, we did packed our whole house! Bringing all the things we identified as "our must haves" we end up carrying 50 Kilos of baggage for this trip. Guess who suffered the most dragging our stuff in the airports?
Armed with high hopes and beautiful dreams we headed straight to the plane that will bring us to our destination.
And after a few hours...
We finally reached the wonderful City of Singapore.
When we arrived at the Changi Airport, the first thing that we did is to look for a place where we can buy a Sim Card so that we can call Dj's friend Mygz who generously offered her place for us to stay for this trip. However, due to the heavy load we have with us, we decided to just buy the sim card later and just ask our way around to get to Bedok. As you all know, my boyfriend is a sucker for adventure. He loves long walks and exploring places where he's never been before and since our friend told us that their place is just near the aiport, Dj decided that we should take the train going to their place. And after few bus transfers and asking help from the friendly Airport personnel, we junked the dream of exploring Singapore's train system on our first day and just hailed a cab so that we can comfortably find our new home.
The man in the picture is the nicest cab driver in the world. He gave us
sneak preview of what to expect here and dropped some economic news he
heard from the radio. Thanks Uncle! And in fairness to Singapore, all the cab drivers we encountered during our stay there were really nice and all of them mentioned that they love Filipinos!
And finally, Home. Upon waiting for someone to get the door when we arrived at Mygz place, the first thing I did was to take a snap shot of the breath taking view of Bedok from the balcony of the unit of where we will be staying.
When Tita opened the door for us, these two very cute and smart kids welcomed us with smiles and sweet hellos. Meet pretty Ia and cool kid U1. They are our friend Mygz and Eric's kids. They are the sweetest! U1 told me he love me on the first day I met him. There are no lonely days in our home because of these two cuties. And before I forget, thaks to these two kids, Dj shaved his beard because the kids were scared of them. And when Dj cleaned up, they can't get enough of playing with him!
Look what we have here? Dj almost jumped with joy when he saw that Erik own a set of electric drums. And he thought he'll miss playing the drums. These toys are the main reason why Dj never gets bored in the house because he got his first love in the house just waiting for him to hit them hard!
We explored the place and tried tasting Singapore's local delights. And on our first day, we already found the best bakeshop in town! Upon tasting the best cheese bun in the world, Dj and I promised that we will buy our "merienda" in that bakeshop in Bedok every single day. And we did kept our promise.
I can't live without milk tea. I drink milk tea at work every single day. Here in Singapore, the local bakeshops also sell milk tea, it's cheaper and surprisingly it taste better!
Introducing, Bedok's fitness park. We are really amused with the urban planning here in Singapore. Playgrounds and parks are everywhere.
And everyday, we decided to end our day with eating a snack we bought from the local market near our area or from seven-eleven in the park while talking about the things that happened to us. As a couple, we always have this talk everyday. We treat each other as our living diaries and share our thoughts and happy memories with each other.
Our first day in Singapore was totally unforgettable. It was really a good start. Part 2 of my blog about our great Singapore experience is also coming up, so wait for it here on POP!











Hi Jec! I've been following your blog for a long time now, discovered it through Ruru.. I am proud of you and DJ for braving Singapore, TOGETHER.. It's very admirable and for sure unforgettable.. I previously worked in SG, went back to PH and now back in SG for my Singapore dream part 2 and I could very well relate to your experience.. God for sure has bigger plans for you, in His timing :)
ReplyDelete