Friday, March 19, 2010

One Friday Night

by Jec Chua

I always thank God for friends. They are one of the best things in life that you can enjoy for free.

I laugh over simple "corny" funny things I came across every now and then, I guess being that "mababaw", is one of the things I love about my self. I usually enjoy having long semi-crazy conversations with Ruru, and make our selves dead-tired because of laughing. I often forget all the stressful loads I am carrying every time I'm having a good time with my good friends.

Last Friday, Ruru invited me out for dinner to somehow unwind and celebrate the end of a very tiring work week. We decided to walk from our meeting place - in front of my office building in Valero all the way to Glorietta -where we are eyeing to take our dinner that night. Since Ruru is in heat of burning money,we decided to stroll around the mall and look for something special to purchase. Besides finding a pair of slippers, that my friend is a little bit hesitant to buy, we can't find anything appealing to his eyes, until we found a pair of gray loafers with 10 % discount at the Ramp. Because of being the typical Ruru, who hates the hassles of bringing a huge paper bag with him while roaming around the mall, we decided to buy it later after dinner.

Chinese Food Over Load.


Dinner is great. I requested to eat somewhere with rice, that's why I am so happy to know that my wish would be granted when we agreed to eat at North Park, after our long search for a place to dine. We ordered a platter of Yangchow rice, Broccoli for our veggies, and a serving of their best seller, Lemon chicken. The thing I love about North Park is, it's a good restaurant that offers good food served in a reasonable amount at a very affordable price. (Less the fact that Chinese food is really oily, everything could have been perfect.) They also serve tea for free that the customers can enjoy while waiting for the food. I'm not much of a tea fan but I enjoyed drinking tea that night over a bunch of stories.



The Shoe Verdict.

It was heartbreaking to see that when we came back at The ramp to buy the "shoes", it was no longer available! And the most painful words to hear that night was "ay, naku! May nakabili na, ngayon ngayon lang". Sad and disappointed, we walked out of the store, and blame fate for this tragic moment. Good thing, we are the optimistic type, we know that we'll find something as great as that pair of loafers, somewhere.

Cubao Expo

Dj (you'll know who Dj is), invited me to join him and his friend Domeng the same night to hangout and chill at the Cubao Expo -that I assume to be their groups' wonderland because they are always there, ALWAYS! Since Ruru's way home is just somewhere in Cubao, he decided to accept my invitation and tag along. Meeting Dj for the first time is just a secondary convincing point . Hehe

Mogwai (I don't know if I got the name of the place right) is full that night, that's why we saw Dj and Domeng loitering along the streets of X and enjoying their ice cold beer while having a good conversation, -about what? That, We don't know, but it seems like they are enjoying each other's company that much. I but in to their conversation by introducing Ruel, and the rest is history.

We just stayed at the side walks the whole time, chatting and exchanging little info's about where have we been and everything we can think of that night. The climax of the moment was when Dj and Domeng started cracking out knock-knock jokes, that was really a hit for me and Ruru. We enjoyed every single jokes coming from them. We ended the night with the classic PILIPINAS joke -that is a very good closing joke, maintaining our cool, despite the sudden weather disturbance -given that it rained. How ironic considering we are in the middle of the so called El NiƱo.

This Friday is jam-packed with fun unexpected events, and we do wish that there will be more fun Fridays to come.

2 comments: