Friday, March 19, 2010

UBE

by Jec Chua
Have been stolen.

I always say sorry, every time I write a new entry. If only I could find a perfect substitute to replace such word, perhaps, I would not over use my right to express my apologies in the sincerest word I know. Sorry for my heart and mind has been pre-occupied for quite sometime, busy over some other things, I forgot, I have you (POP).

(1.)Urban Bazaar Experience

I thank Mr. Dj for inviting me and Ruru to go to Rockwell's Urban bazaar to see them play live. Hearing good music heal souls.

Having our plans to replenish our summer swimming thirsty bodies distorted because of some inevitable issues with schedule, budget and the like, chilling somewhere fun (in this case to go to Rockwell) is the best alternative we can think of that day. Thank God we are born with strong walking and standing muscles to survive hours of scanning MALLS for the sake of shopping, and standing endlessly just to witness things that arouses our interests, we are okay to go Mall hopping to avoid boredom being stuck at home because of a cancelled gimmick.

As narrated by my partner on his entry, the whole "BAZAAR" experience was great. We came there not to shop. We barely scanned the market venue. We came there to hear good music. We are not musicians, I guess we are cursed never to play a single music producing instrument for all we can make out of them are annoying sounds. But, we know what good music is, and we appreciate those who create good music out of passion, for nowadays music has lost it's soul -being slaved by the business driven so called musicians making music just a money making business.

I wish I have it recorded so that you could hear how great the band played. I guess, you could just check them out on YouTube if you have time to spare.

Photo credit goes to Mr. Buck Abella. Stole this from your FB. hehe Thanks for the add.

The guys who played for the bazaar came from different groups, united for this specific event. They came from the 3 different bands called Talahib (Burn- Lead guitars, Jones-Percussion, Dj-Drums, Domeng -Percussion, they play world music/ pinoy folk music), TAMBANG MUSIKA (Jevi-Bass, Tem-Percussion, Domeng-Percussion, Jones-Percussion, Dj-Drums , they play reggae music), and Kuyog Hangin (Bron -Vocals, they play Reggae).


(2.)Ultimate Bonding Experience

It's nice to meet new people. You get a lot of perks out of it. You get connections and expand your network, you get new ideas, and the best of all, you gain friends.

I've been with these people for quite sometime now. I'm most of the time present on their gigs whenever I have a free time. The nice thing about being with them is that I learn a lot of things from them through our conversations and by simply observing their actions. Ruru labelled them as the FUNKY people, for each and everyone in the group is funky in their own unique way.

Jevi, the bassist, is kind enough to treat everyone out after the event to celebrate his promotion, and luckily he included us (Ruru and I), in his mini thanks giving party. Congratulations! The pizza taste really good specially if it's for FREE.

The best thing about hanging out with these people is the fact that they are really "intellectually entertaining"! I guess being musically entertaining comes hand in hand with being a kick-ass comedy genius!. To the one who bagged the word JABAWORKERS, to those who show cased their crazy dance moves and exposed their inspiring vocal powers by singing OPM and overly cheesy love songs, to who ever started the G words mania, and to the "I don't know if true" story tellers that night, THANK YOU. You guys made our day!

4 comments: