Thursday, September 2, 2010

Siam - Bangkok, Thailand

by Ruru Pilapil

After a long and non stop walk around Chatuchak for shopping, I went straight to Siam via the BTS Skytrain for lunch. A 5 minute train ride from Mo Chit to Siam is such a relief. Haha! I've been really looking forward to stroll around Siam, according to my research most of the malls are located here. :-)


Siam Square

At Siam Square, Siam Center and Siam Paragon is located. First, I went to Siam Center to look for a nice resto where I can spend time to rest and eat. I saw this one resto, Oldies Cafe. Looking at their menu, food seems to be tolerable, Oh I forgot to tell this one story...the night before this, I went to KFC for dinner, I end up giving my ordered food to one of the beggars for I can't stand the spicy taste of their chicken. Haha! :lol:

Oldies Cafe


I ordered Fried Rice with Roast Duck Chili and Crispy Basil


..and a glass of Watermelon Shake! :-P


After Lunch, I roam around the mall. Its one funky mall, shops are pretty nice too. I even saw this one exhibit made by the students from different schools in Thailand, and they're tasked to come up with a nicely designed graffiti.


Of course, I don't wanna miss the chance of having a picture with this very cool graffiti. I even get to have a pic with this cute HighSchool Thai girls. :lol:


Siam Paragon

Siam Paragon is just across Siam Center. High end brands are mostly found at this mall. From Chloe, Hermes, to Club 21, LV and Gucci.


Restaurants are also uniquely designed, like this one resto located on the Ground Floor of Siam Paragon.


If there's a Graffiti exhibit on Siam Center, Siam Paragon is also holding an exhibit for Classic / Vintage Cars. Its my first time to see this cars in person, I only see them over the net and in movies. Amazing! 8-)





According to my map, MBK mall (Mahboonkrong Mall) is just a walk away from Siam Square. And since its my second to the last day in Bangkok, I'd love to check on this popular shopping mall and I heard that dried fruits for pasalubongs can be bought here.


I was just too tired to scan the whole eight floors of the mall and just went straight to that dried fruits store to buy pasalubongs. I'm amazed that Thais can preserve almost all kinds of fruits found there. Cool. :-D


View from the Over Pass: Look at this colorful cabs...cute no?! Haha. :-P


No comments:

Post a Comment