Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A short trip to China...town!

by Ruru Pilapil

Just day before Chinese New Year, Jec, Kat, and I decided to have a short tour around Manila - Binondo. We just wanted to know how people from Binondo celebrate Chinese New Year. It was a memorable day, its my first time to go there. 8-) And its my first time to celebrate Chinese New Year with some close friends. :-|

It was easy going to Binondo, from LRT2 Recto Station, we rode a jeep going to Divi, then from Divi, there's a pedicab bound to Ongpin Street, Binondo. And there, China Town! :-D

Everybody's into celebrating Chinese New Year that time, Dragon Dance, fruit vendors along the streets of China Town, and a bunch of Chinese roaming around. :-P



We also got the chance to visit Binondo Church, which by that time is a bit crowded with wedding planners preparing for someone else's wedding. :lol:

After a long walk, we decided to try out some Chinese food from one of the authentic restos found inside China Town. We saw this Lan Zhou Lamien resto. We ordered Beef Lamien, for their servers recommended that it's one of the best sellers.

I'm up for it, even though I'm not a big fan of noodles..chinese food. Lol. :roll:

It was a fun day, I enjoyed strolling around China Town, taking pictures. And I'm so overwhelmed with cheap fruits that I got. ;-)


Welcome, Year of the Tiger!!! Cheers! :-o

No comments:

Post a Comment