Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Au Bon Pain - Bangkok, Thailand

by Ruru Pilapil

After a long and tiring walk around the Grand Palace, I decided to grab something to eat. There's no restaurant or any food stall inside the Grand Palace so I had no choice but to go out and explore the streets. According to my research, there are lots of food stalls outside the Palace. I did try one.. but its just not enough for me. And also, I'm looking for some place where I can seat and eat comfortably.. Haha! :-P

There you go, just in front of the Palace's gate.. there's this one resto that caught my attention. Looking at the menu posted outside the resto, food is quite expensive, ranging from 150-300 baht.

Au Bon Pain

At Au Bon Pain, we take our service — and menu — beyond the expected. From our authentic artisan breads and scrumptious pastries to inspired menus filled with savory sandwiches, soups, salads and entrees, no recipe is less than perfect, no request beyond our reach. Our lively, bustling marketplaces allow our guests to personally select fresh menu choices from individual stations.

Today, with more than two hundred locations currently operating in the United States, South Korea, Taiwan, and Thailand, Au Bon Pain has grown to become a cornerstone of the urban scene where the world lives, works, shops and plays. You’ll find us on some of the most visible corners and crossroads, in transportation centers, hotels, suburban shopping malls, city office buildings, hospitals and universities alike.

Source: http://www.aubonpain.com/aboutus/
The place is a bit classy, nice chairs and tables. And observing the people entering the resto, most of them are foreigners! You can barely see locals inside this resto.  So what's for lunch? I ordered Roast beef clubhouse and Iced tea to quench my thirst. :-)


Roast Beef Clubhouse

The food was great, all worth it! :lol:

After lunch, I went out to explore more the whole stretch of Maharat Road where the Amulet Market is located. There are also other street food found there...

You can also bump in to monks walking the busy street of Maharat, barefooted.

Phra Chan Market is located at the end of Maharat road, they mostly sell clothes and other funky toys. Haha! :-D And with my first purchase for this trip, I saw this cute shoes that I bought impulsively after trying! Haha. I got this for 320 baht, with its original price of 350 baht. I memorized some Thai phrases which I can use for shopping purposes, lot noi dai mai? which means, Can you make it cheaper? There! Success!!! I also got a couple of shirts. :lol:

No comments:

Post a Comment