Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Movie Marathon Friday

by Jec Chua

Dj and I went to Robinsons Galleria last week to watch Sorcerer's Apprentice. He got free movie passes from his Dad that's why we went out for a unscheduled date.
I was excited to see Sorcerer's Apprentice when we came in the cinema, despite the bad reviews coming from most of my friends, seeing it won't hurt since it's for free and Dj's with me anyway, so any movie will still be a good movie-watching-quality- time with him. Surprisingly, we also get to watch Salt and Hating Kapatid the same day! Thanks to Dj's Dad, we enjoyed a movie-marathon date for free.

Here's the list and a little review of the films we saw that night.


Hating Kapatid, is a typical Pinoy comedy flick with a pinch of romance and a bit of drama centering on family relationships and how they survived the storms coming the their way that would shake them for a while then be back to each other arms again to have a sweet sugar-coated happy ending. The movie is okay,meaning its tolerable.


Salt, stared by the hottest woman alive Angelina Jolie. Watching it makes me want to shift careers,drop my dreams of being a well-recognized banker and be a CIA agent instead. The story is great,and  the movie makes you think a lot. Its action packed scenes made us dead tired by just watching it. The ending is sort-of "bitin",as Dj would say for it's open-ended ,but this movie is worth your time and money. This is the type of movie that is worth to see in the silver screen than just waiting for it to have a DVD copy and see it cozily at home. 2 thumbs up for Mrs. Pitt.


Lastly, The Sorcerer's Apprentice the reason why we were in Galleria. The movie is a fun movie to see, very Walt-Disney I must say. I never thought that shoes (old guy shoes to be exact) is a value added accessory for a sorcerer to do well in performing magic. The movie is pretty mediocre, but it's not a waste of time. I'm sure kids will definitely love you if you'll take time to take them out to go to the movies and watch Sorcerer's Apprentice. It's perfectly tailored for their young minds.

After the show

Watching movies continuously is very tiring specially for our eyes and back, that it made us really hungry that night so we crave for SISIG HOORAY! (Our favorite) for dinner. Unfortunately, our dreams of munching into our comfort food fell into pieces when we found out that all of the sisig were sold out, so we just switched to Pao Tsin's sharks fin rice meal instead. We still enjoyed our dinner though. I miss eating at Pao Tsin! The food is justifiably tasty for a very cheap price. Perfect for those budget conscious people like us. Specially my BF.

This day is superb! A Low-cost and highly entertaining date is something I've never done before. Thanks for the experience Dj, I love you and special thanks to your Dad too.

1 comment:

  1. Good day! Thanks for sharing. I will bookmark your website.

    ReplyDelete