Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Together again, at last. (Dinner at The Red Crab Cafe - Gateway, Cubao)

by Jec Chua

Last night, Ruru, Kat and I went to Gateway Mall in Araneta Center for dinner and to get our "pasalubong" as well (care of Ruru the Thailand explorer). Finally, after months, we have the time to bring back the original picture addict group (less TR).

Kat was a little late. It's pretty understandable that work sucks and it's a great threat to your social life, that's why we extended our patience waiting for her and we just amused our selves in scanning Gateway, the mall that is so easy to scan. Haha! We passed by an exhibit, displaying converse inspired art master pieces coming from two of the Top Universities in the country, UP and of course our beloved UST. I don't want to give out my personal comments on the art pieces displayed on the venue, I don't want to be tagged bias. The photos are displayed in this post, so I guess it's for the readers to judge what's the best. (GO USTE!, can't help it.)

University of Santo Tomas - Pegashoes

UP College of Fine Arts - ShoeperHerollercoasterBOOM!

THE RED CRAB experience.

We got really hungry walking and waiting, that's why decided to look for a nice restaurant to dine in. We saw this new place called RED CRAB besides Pizza Hut Bistro, and decided to give it a try.

The interiors of the place is very Mediterranean. I'm not an interior design expert, I just know it's Mediterranean because of Molto Mario, a cooking show in the life style channel I often watch. His set is very Mediterranean according to him. It also gives out the ambience of the beach, that makes you feel like your on vacation, and you can sit in the sand out side after dinner.

Talking about the food, we ordered Crabsticks salad with Tobikko, Chicken Alfredo and Meatballs and Garlic Angel Hair Pomodoro. The food is nice, especially the Pasta, but it's pretty expensive, and their serving is just enough to feed one semi-hungry person. We are not that padded with money that day, that's why we dine according to our budget. If ever I'll dine in that place again, I won't order their Pasta Meals anymore, we should have tried their Crab delights instead, it won't be called RED CRAB for nothing. We did not get crabs for it's really messy to eat and we are not in the mood to smell like seafood that day. :p
Crabsticks salad with Tobikko

Chicken Alfredo

Meatballs and Garlic Angel Hair Pomodoro

Ruru, gave his special "pasalubong" after dinner, and of course who can forget, we converted the place into a Photo Studio, for our day won't be complete without taking tons of photos to post on facebook and to share to you guys in this wonderful blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment