This year's much awaited trip, at last! I've been really looking forward to this trip, because of this, I did learn how to save, seriously. Haha. And its my first out of the country trip without my parents. Lol. :-D
With tickets booked last year, Cebu Pac's Zero fare promo, we're able to book MLA to BKK round trip for the month of August, 2010. Just enough time to prepare for this funky trip, and not to mention being lucky to be there on the Great Bangkok Sale. Woohoo! ;-)
Departure time: 09:40pm
Arrival time: 11:30pm (Bkk time) *Philippines is 1 hour ahead
At NAIA Terminal 3.
Pay Travel Tax, Check-in luggage, Passport Control up to boarding. I didn't had a hard time checking in, since I'm already familiar with the airport. Check!!!
While on the plane, they asked us to fill up Arrival and Departure Card. And check some articles on Smile Magazine about Bangkok, Thailand. :-) Excited much? :-P
I arrived at Suvarnabhumi Airport at around 11:15pm (Bkk time), 15 minutes earlier than the scheduled arrival time. First thing I did was to change the time of my watch, open my phone to see if my roaming is already activated, and follow the foreigners on their way out. Haha! Its my first time to this airport, and since only a few Thais can speak English, I have to trust my instinct and go with the flow.
First stop, Passport Control then claiming of checked in luggage...
They really have a nice airport, very far from ours, more organized, but like most of the other airports, food is very expensive! As in! Haha. Also went to the Money Changer to exchange a few Peso, they have a very low exchange rate there so I decided to exchange the rest in the city.
I spent the night roaming around the airport, for my scheduled check in at the hotel is in the morning of the next day. At least, I have time to be familiar with the place and to be friends with my Bangkok Map. :lol:
Suvarnabhumi Airport, pronounced as Sawana-poom Airport
At around 8:00 in the morning, I went to the first floor where taxi bay is located and took a cab. It took me 30 minutes from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Sukhumvit where the hotel is located.
I'm so amazed on Thailand's expressways and highways, drivers are more disciplined than ours, though some still make "kontrata" but still you can insist to use the taxi meter, way cheaper than their asking fare. :-D
Checked in at Unico Hotel Sukhumvit at around 9:00 in the morning. :-)
For Lunch, I went to Burger King - Nana, just a walk away from the hotel and ordered a Beef Burger and fries. :-)










No comments:
Post a Comment