Sunday, December 13, 2009

Bohol, the sea and the stars.

by Jec Chua

I've been a bad blogger lately. This post is really, really, really delayed. But please bare with me. Anyhow I got good news... I now have time for blogging! Yehey! I'm currently on my mandatory leave, so this means that I have a lot of time to spend, that I still don't know where and how to consume exactly, but I'm assuring you that updating our blog is a part of it. hehe

Speaking of vacations, remember our Cebu-Bohol trip last November? I still have too much hangover on that wonderful trip, and I want to share this craze to all of you, so that you'll know why I still can't recover from it.

I fell in love with/in Bohol. It's one place that I'll never forget and a place that I would love to re-visit over and over again.

The reason ♥

I'm not much of a beach person. I'm scared of huge tidal waves and it's roaring sound. By just looking at the ocean makes me feel like I'm already drowning. But the sight of Panglao's beautiful, serene, beaches  made me change my mind.

Alona Beach Shore, Panglao, Bohol
Walking at the sea shore, feels like we are wandering through the nature's wonderland that is perfectly created for us. It's fine, cold, pearly white sand and crystal clear, bluish-green waters are enough to feed our eyes with a captivating view of what a paradise is.

hans and I strolling at the beach
The beach where we stayed is still untouched, and by saying untouched I mean, it's not yet that commercialized compared to the other private beaches I have gone through, for sea shells are still scattered all over the area-naturally, the sand is still at it's raw form, and sea weeds and sea creatures are still there mingling with all the people munching over the delightful taste of the Bohol experience. Along the way, our friends' saw a Star fish that all of us had feasted on (picture taking opportunity!). We are also welcomed by a king crab hiding behind the huge rocks and a school of fish surprised us by willingly showcasing their swimming talent with us. Very dramatic!

Laurice and Mr. STAR Fish
Kat, Me and Hans
As the night falls, we have seen the other side of the Alona beach. The place is alive with it's night life. Restaurants and Bars are everywhere. People are smiling and all of them are adding to the festive aura of the place. We had diner at our favorite restaurant along the shore on our second night at Bohol and after that, We (Hans, Kat and Wilson) decided to try strolling the shore at night and see what we can discover. We walked farther than where we usually do and found a perfect site to sit back, relax and enjoy the night chatting and somewhat reflecting on the constellations impact to our lives (weird hobby). It's really a perfect night for Hans , Wilson and Kat saw a falling star thrown by the rich dark night sky of Bohol. Hans was really overwhelmed to see a falling star for the first time. There's a coming meteor shower the next day that's why heaven is giving us a sneak preview of what's going to happen tomorrow, and it's really a wonderful sight. It's a perfect moment to be in Bohol that night.

Hans and I decided to walk closer to the shore to feel the waves crashing into our feet to add ambiance to our picturesque adventure, and out of the blue we saw a BIG STAR shooting in front of us, accompanied by the big cold waves that ran into our legs that freaked the two of us out and made us scream and run back to where Wilson and Kat is staying. After realizing that we just freaked out from a once in a lifetime moment that came into us, all we can do next is laugh and make another wish to seize the chance we almost lost.

We pretty have too much luck to have wishes that day. Wishing at the magical well we found in the chocolate hills site and seeing two falling stars that night are too much to give us excessive high hopes for the good things to expect in all of our dream futures. I don't know what the others wished for (or maybe I have an idea what Kat wished for *evil laugh), but I have faith in the power of the STARS and the magic sincere hearts could bring, and I know all of the wish we made that day will come true. Hope mine will! :)

The thought of Bohol, its sea, its stars and the moments we had makes my heart jump with joy. And this is something that would definitely make me smile every time I remember all the wonderful time we spent in that paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment