I'm a bad blogger. I often make excuses for not blogging. I'm always busy, busy doing things I thought that are more important than sitting in front of my PC and updating POP.
Writing has always been fun, on my part at least. I am not an amazing writer but turning my thoughts into words makes me feel great. But I haven't doing it that often now, let's just say I just discovered a new way of amusing my self next to writing, and it's keeping me occupied since the day I found it.
It's been almost 2 weeks and I'm still on the "Out of the Office status". I got one word for this, YAHOO!
After graduating from the University, I never felt this stress free. My whole life as a working professional is nothing but a big word of STRESS being engraved on my forehead since day 1. I guess nothing beats getting more than 8 hours of sleep everyday, and not worrying about beating the time just to comply with the rules set by my typical everyday life, as a daughter to my parents, a sister to my siblings, a banker, a colleague to the company I work for (emphasis on the company part), a friend or whatever I am being considered by others. Time when occupied is tiring, I realized. But it's more tiring if you see it being wasted. But no matter how hard and tiring things are, that what makes life, life, and completely happy as it can be. On what degree? It's left for us to define. We set different measure sticks for our happiness. That what makes humans unique.
The sad part of me
It's been 22 days, 8 hours and 22 minutes since our Dad left for Japan because of work. The last time we talked over the phone, he told me that it was freezing cold in his place. His bike can't even endure the coldness of the weather. That place is as cold as the season. The place was empty, No family, no Facebook games and no fun Christmas for Papa. But talking to us he said is enough for him to be happy that day, Christmas is about sharing love anyway, love breaks distances, hearing our Dad's fine voice is enough to say that the essence of this day is achieved. ; )
A random thought
I was standing by our gate today at around 7 in the evening, I slept the whole day after watching a Japanese animation movie highly recommended by my sisters that are enthusiast for that type of movie genre. The rush of the cold breeze caressed by unpleasant hair and I realized, I just wasted a day being unproductive - nothing to do, just be busy, be busy doing nothing. This is the first breath of a stress free life. And I'm loving it!
CHRISTMAS
My friend's status on Facebook last December 24 expresses his excitement for Santa Clause's coming by midnight. Very childish, yet that's what making this event that comes only once a year the most desired day for children who are on high hopes to get what they wished for this year. I remember being fooled by that fake man with a big red bag of loot, filling our socks with chocolates and toys when we were younger. I still feel bad when I remember that I never gotten the doll house I wished for despite the hours I spent writing my letter to Santa when I was eight. My Mama told us that we didn't get what we wished for because of our bad grammar so we need to study extra hard in our English subject in school to get what we want next year. Well, getting my favorite kisses chocolates together with a toy is enough to make us happy and be a child once in our life and actually believe that Santa is real.
Growing years older makes a lot of changes. Socks are no longer being hanged on our windows. No more stationery and purple ink pens being prepared for us to compose our Christmas letter. I now became Santa for my siblings. I now know the feeling of giving a gift that came from your own money because of hard work. :) And I'll be happy being Santa until I grow years older from today. My family inspire me to go on that makes me inch by inch closer to my dreams and being a Santa to them is one way of giving back what I receive from them.
![]() |
| My family less Jen |
![]() |
| Everyday has been amazing because of these people. My favorite friends. Photo taken during our traditional Christmas dinner @ Burgoo |
![]() |
| My team taken at Fraser Place during our department's Christmas party |
I'm excited for 2010! Are you? So it's bye for now, I'll be back to my busy status. I finished watching "5cm per second" and now I'll be starting to see "the girl who leaps through time".
till next time :)



No comments:
Post a Comment