Thursday, October 1, 2009

My Ipod

by Ruru Pilapil

Its been a while since I last used my ipod, actually, I'm already planning to sell it. For the simplest reason of, I'm having a hard time syncing songs from my pc to my ipod. I know its really that way, but in my ipod's case, I have to reset it first before syncing again the whole playlist, a lot of work. There's something wrong with my ipod, and I have no time to have it fixed.
My Silver Ipod Shuffle (shot during brown out)
My Silver Ipod Shuffle (shot during brown out)
But last Saturday night, I realized something.. Our village had no electricity since the afternoon of Saturday to Sunday evening, and thank God I was able to charge my cellphone in full batt. In times of boredom, I'll just plug my earphones and listen to my favorite radio station, RX. I can also hear news from there, updating us on what's really happening outside. I can also check my Facebook account and update my tweets using my phone (MyGlobe Internet). So dealing with brown out is no big deal. But unfortunately my phone's batt is not forever, by 8:00 o'clock Sunday evening it was gone. By 9:00pm, I start to feel irritated, there's nothing left to do and I'm not used to that. My bed time is 12am so I'm not yet sleepy that time.

I stayed in my room thinking on what else to do, and then I saw my bag in front of me, placed just above the chair, I haven't checked on it for a while, time for a clean up, old receipts and notes must all be thrown away. While scanning things inside my bag, I saw my Ipod in one of the pockets, first reaction: "Oh, andito pala ipod ko. Batt empty naman 'yan, di ko din magagamit" so in short, i ignored it. But after all the cleaning and throwing, I'm so desperate to do something, and then I saw this Ipod again, second reaction: "Gumagana pa kaya 'to?" and plugged it to my ears, and whoalah! First song, "Everybody Knows" by John Legend. Happy! :-D

Scanned songs from my ipod, and here's what's in store inside.

Everybody Knows - John Legend

It gets harder every day, but I can’t seem to shake the pain
I’m trying to find the words to say, please say
It’s written all over my face, I can’t
Function the same when you’re not here
I’m calling your name and no one’s there
And I hope one day you’ll see nobody has it easy,
I still can’t believe you found somebody knew
But I wish you the best, I guess.
‘Cause everybody knows, that nobody really knows
How to make it work, or how to ease the hurt
We’ve heard it all before, that everybody knows
How to make it right, I wish we gave it one more try
One more try
One more try
'Cause everybody knows, but nobody really knows

I don’t care what the people say
They brought it all in anyway
Baby don’t fill up your head with he-said, she-said
It seems like you just don’t know
The radio’s on, you tuning me out,
I’m trying to speak, you’re turning me down
And I hope one day you’ll see nobody has it easy,
I still can’t believe you found somebody knew
But I wish you the best, I guess.
‘Cause everybody knows, that nobody really knows
How to make it work, or how to ease the hurt
We’ve heard it all before, that everybody knows
How to make it right, I wish we gave it one more try
One more try
One more try
One more try
‘Cause everybody knows, but nobody really knows

Oh I wish you’d understand
Oh, just an ordinary man
Listen we’d have known
Everybody knows, but nobody really knows
And I know one day you’ll see, nobody has it easy
I still can’t believe you found somebody knew
I wish you the best, I guess.

‘Cause everybody knows, that nobody really knows
How to make it work, or how to ease the hurt
We’ve heard it all before, that everybody knows
How to make it right, I wish we gave it one more try
One more try
One more try
One more try
‘Cause everybody knows, but nobody really knows


Your Eyes dont Lie - David Archuleta

I saw you yesterday,
It's been a while
You tried but failed
At holdin' back your smile right then
It's not over yet, I knew, for you

(You see)
I couldn't sleep
I thought of nothin' else
I needed help
Everyone was tellin' me
You were movin' on with someone else
But what we had was so special
People can be jealous, oh
I had to see it for myself

I can see it in your eyes
You feel the same about us as I
There is no way the truth can be disguised
You're still in love with me
You were never really out of love with me
Your eyes don't lie

I know I hurt ya,
I know you are hurtin' still (mmm, yeah)
But I'll make it up to you
Yeah, baby, I will
'Cause what we had was so special
You know we can't give it up
Now that I'ma lookin' at you I can see

I can see it in your eyes (your eyes)
You feel the same about us as I
There is no way (there is no way) the truth can be disguised
You're still in love with me
You were never really out of love with me
Your eyes don't lie
And they never will, girl

Oh, now that I know
We were apart but your heart never let go
So thank you for showin' me with one look
What used to be, and still is, a possibility

I can see it in your eyes
You feel the same about us as I
There is no way the truth can be disguised
You're still in love with me
You were never really out of love with me
Your eyes don't lie
Your eyes don't lie


The Scientist - Coldplay

Come up to meet you, tell you Im sorry
You dont know how lovely you are
I had to find you, tell you I need you
Tell you I set you apart
Tell me your secrets, and ask me your questions
Oh lets go back to the start
Running in circles, coming up tails
Heads on a silence apart

Nobody said it was easy
Oh its such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said that it would be this hard
Oh take me back to the start
I was just guessing at numbers and figures
Pulling your puzzles apart
Questions of science, science and progress
Do not speak as loud as my heart
Tell me you love me, come back and haunt me
Oh and I rush to the start
Running in circles, chasing our tails
Coming back as we are

Nobody said it was easy
Oh its such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be so hard
Im going back to the start

Oh ooh ooh ooh ooh ohh (x4)


Music of the Night - David Cook

Night-time sharpens,
heightens each sensation
Darkness stirs and wakes imagination
Silently the senses abandon their defences ...

Slowly, gently night unfurls its splendour
Grasp it, sense it - tremulous and tender
Turn your face away
from the garish light of day,
turn your thoughts away
from cold, unfeeling light -
and listen to the music of the night ...

Close your eyes and surrender to your
darkest dreams!
Purge your thoughts of the life
you knew before!
Close your eyes,
let your spirit start to soar!
And you'll live
as you've never lived before ...

Softly, deftly,
music shall surround you ...
Feel it, hear it,
closing in around you ...
Open up your mind,
let your fantasies unwind,
in this darkness which
you know you cannot fight -
the darkness of the music of the night ...

Let your mind start a journey
through a strange new world!
Leave all thoughts
of the world you knew before!
Let your soul take you where you
long to be !
Only then can you belong to me ...

Floating, falling, sweet intoxication!
Touch me, trust me savour each sensation!
Let the dream begin,
let your darker side give in
to the power of the music that I write -
the power of the music of the night ...

You alone can make my song take flight -
help me make the music of the night


Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
We'll do it all
Everything
On our own

We don't need
Anything
Or anyone

If I lay here
If I just lay here
would you lie with me and just forget the world?

I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel

Those three words
Are said too much
They're not enough

If I lay here
If I just lay here
would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

Let's waste time
Chasing cars
Around our heads

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own

If I lay here
If I just lay here
would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

All that I am
All that I ever was
Is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see

I don't know where
Confused about how as well
Just know that these things will never change for us at all

If I lay here
If I just lay here
would you lie with me and just forget the world?


These are top 5 songs that I heard on my ipod, after hearing these songs, here are my realizations:

1. These songs brought all the feelings that I felt 4 or 5 months ago, and I'm so emo. Emo all over. Haha.

2. Most of the songs on my playlist was sang by the two Davids (Archuleta and Cook)

3. Past, oh, past. Time to update my playlist. Haha. ;-)

"When all things fail me, my ipod is here to entertain me." Nye. :-P

8 comments:

  1. That's what u call a real emo! hahaha
    -Jec

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Di naman masyado, that's my playlist before. Before. Haha. ;-)
    -Ruru

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great site and informative posts, I will add a backlink and bookmark your site. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. though i've already updated my playlist, still majority of my songs are so old school hehe i can't delete them, rather, i don't want to.haha! they are already part of my so-called life haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I found your blog while searching on Google your post looks very interesting for me. I will add a backlink and bookmark your site. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure, Bill. No problem.
    And thanks for dropping by. :-D
    -Ruru

    ReplyDelete