Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Pay it forward

by Ruru Pilapil

Me and my highschool barkada didn't got to work yesterday, Tuesday. We went out and checked on our beloved city of Marikina, and give all help that we can offer to those victims of typhoon "Ondoy". It's been 3 days since that tragic incident, but Marikina is still in the stress that is caused by this typhoon. Early Tuesday morning, my mom helped me sort clothes that we can donate, while Cha is busy preparing for food that we can give. Our agenda for the day is to help our own friend clean their place, they were greatly affected by the flood that "Ondoy" brought, nothing was saved, but Thank God their family are all safe.

It was a tiring ride going to Malanday, Marikina, not because of its far from our place, but seeing those families on the streets that lost their homes, really breaks our heart.
DSC02070

DSC02069
Marikina Market

I wish I have all the time to volunteer in helping those that are in need. And I pray that everything will be Ok for all of them. I encourage everybody to give help, lets give hope to those who are feeling down right now.

"There's always a light at the end of the tunnel"

On a cute note, I'm really amazed on how Filipinos handle this crisis. That we can still manage to throw jokes and make fun of each other even though deep inside, we're in pain. Here's a scary yet cute stuffed toy that we saw while cleaning a friend's house. It's full of mud, yeah. :-D
DSC02061

Another way to help: via Facebook

Time: September 30, 2009 to October 2, 2009

Location: UST TAN YAN KEE STUDENT CENTER

Organized By: UST OSA AND UST OCD

Event Description: TULONG TOMASINO

The University of Santo Tomas Tan Yan Kee Student Center (UST-TYK) is open from 8am -5pm today, Sept. 30 until Friday, October 2, 2009 as the CENTER OF RELIEF OPERATIONS FOR THE VICTIMS OF BAGYONG ONDOY.


Immediate Needs: - rice - canned goods - water - old wearable clothes, medicines and toiletries.

We are also accepting cash donations. Marami pong Salamat!

*UST Office for Community Development (OCD) and UST Office for Student Affairs (OSA)

3 comments:

  1. I don't know If I said it already but ...Cool site, love the info. I do a lot of research online on a daily basis and for the most part, people lack substance but, I just wanted to make a quick comment to say I'm glad I found your blog. Thanks, :)

    A definite great read..Jim Bean

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for that wonderful comment Jim. Readers like you inspires us to post :)
    -Jec

    ReplyDelete