Monday, September 28, 2009

"Ondoy", the aftermath

by Ruru Pilapil

It was a tragic weekend for all of us here in the Philippines, I've never seen these scenes on my entire stay in Marikina. Flood all over, people screaming for help through Facebook stats and radio programs. I never really thought that this can happen. Ondoy, you're such a traitor! The rainfall started Friday night, I thought it was just an ordinary rain, but I was surprised on a Saturday morning seeing that rain didn't stop for the rest of the night. I also get the chance to see the news on Tele what was really happening out there. My heart broke. :-(

Champagne St., Marikina City
Champagne St., Marikina City
Photo source: http://kathrynroja.multiply.com/journal/item/30/Tropical_Storm_Ondoy - Thanks Cha!

I'm planning not to go to work today coz my mom said so. I'm also not that confident that I can go safe to work, according to news, some roads are still blocked, and floods haven't subsided yet in some area. But as concerned employee, I felt the need to go to work today. Every Monday, we conduct distribution of payrolls to some workers who doesn't have an ATM account, most of them are skilled workers,  for we entertain local projects as of the moment while recession is still on going on the International workforce market. But thank God, we're starting to process workers for abroad now, meaning, recession is about to leave. And more jobs for the Filipinos wishing to work abroad. *crossed fingers*. I just wish that our worker's family are safe especially those who live in the province.

Our way to work turned out to be a field trip for us (Me, Jack and Cha), but instead of seeing and enjoying the beautiful scenery, there, it's heart breaking. It's the scenery that you'll wish you never saw. Marikina was greatly affected by this typhoon more other than the other cities here in Metro Manila. You can see families cleaning their house, thick muds on the streets, furnitures that was not saved dumped just beside their gates, car full of muds, cars on top of the other and all.

DSC02036DSC02038

DSC02039DSC02040

Down there used to be a road going to Libis, now, its gone!

DSC02045

After seeing all of these, i realized one thing:

That we (especially me and my family, relatives and friends) are still blessed that we did not experience this tragic incident. I'm very lucky for this and will forever be grateful. And lets not forget to help those that are in need, donate food and clothing to those who are still in the evacuation site, and pray for those who lost their homes and loved ones.

http://superbianca.blogspot.com/2009_09_01_archive.html

Prayer against Storms

"Father, all the elements of nature obey your command.  Calm the storms and hurricanes that threaten us and turn our fear of your power into praise of your goodness.  Grant this through our Lord Jesus Christ, Your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.  Amen."

To those who can read this: Lets give help. We're blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment