Tuesday, September 15, 2009

TOMASINO STILL NUMERO UNO!

by Jec Chua

I am not in the mood to post anything lately. Half of me just died. It's really heart breaking to witness how the Salinggawi Dance troupe was kicked out from the top 3 for this year's UAAP Cheerdance Competition. I am not bitter, maybe a little. I know that FEU really deserve this year's title and I admit that UST did not execute their stunts well, and have incurred a lot of errors comparative to the opposing teams, however in my own personal opinion, with no bias, it's not enough to prove that UP pep squad and Ateneo's blue bubble babble battalion is better than our very own Salinggawi. And everyone who've seen them perform knows that!

It's for those who really knows what's good and what's not to judge that UST presented new routines, remarkable stunts that no school has ever done before, the level of difficulty is way very distant comparative to the others. UST showcased their fine skills, talent for dancing, passion ( the girl in front of the hundred hands stunt really projected well), versatility, creativity and innovation that no one in the competition showed. But I guess, people have different standards, and mine was really different from the judges view of "wow performance".

UST Salinggawi Dance Troupe

BAWI GAWI. Let's kick their ass next year! We are still number 1 ! back to back to back to back to back CHAMPS! Salinggawi made history (2002-2006), and history repeats it self. Witness how we will regain our supremacy next year! TOMASINO, go for UNO! :)

No bitterness

Despite the heartbreaking drama in Araneta last Sunday, The Thomasian community kept their cool.

I came across this article (link below) and it felt as if I am starting to feel nice despite this tragic event,  for it's not only us who were surprised by the results of this year's competition, even media people saw the effort of our champ, Salinggawi. But like what our coach mentioned, this is a learning experience.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/09/13/09/feu-snags-uaap-cheerdance-title

No comments:

Post a Comment