Friday, August 28, 2009

Take that, Parokya Band!

by Jec Chua

My current LSS, an old song by one of my fave pinoy rock/alternative band PAROKYA ni EDGAR, HARANA. I was singing this song in the shower this morning, repeatedly, and as I went out, my sister -suprisingly asked me, where on earth did I hear that new version of PNE's hit.

J- WHAT NEW VERSION?

D- (sang) PUNO NG NUMBERS ANG PAPEL?

J- (blush) AH, hehehehe MATH JINGLE namen nung 2nd year high school!

D- OOOOOOHHH. (walk away)

Geez. I laughed out loud after that. I remember changing the lyrics of the song back in highschool, so that it can be the musical piece we'll use for the yearly inter-class competition in St. Mary's called Math Jingle, where in everything is about loving the hatest subject of all time -MATH! And those lyrics where stucked in my head until now, that everytime I'm singing that song, my lyrics would be our MATH Jingle Harana version.

And to share to you, my kalokohan composition, make way for the MATHARANA (I co-wrote it with my Buddy Mark)

MATHARANA

By Jec and Mark

Uso pa bang, Mag-MATHEMATICS?

Marahil ikaw ngayo'y nag-SU-SUBTRACT,

Sino ba tong, Nahihilo, Nagkandarapa sa Pag-A-add,

At kahit na nag-hirap pa, palakol pa din ang grade sa MATH.Chrous:

Puno ng numbers ang papel, at ang hirap nitong sagutin,

Sayong sagot ako'y tumitingin, cheatmate!(sadly, our teacher hated this line, so it was revised to…)

Sayong sagot ako'y bumibilib, Giliw. At sa solution kong ito, Sana nga'y nakuha ko…

Ibubuhos ko ang buong isip ko,

Sa isang munting answer…

PARA SAYO.

Parokya ni Edgar

And another PNE LSS would be the song with the line:


Minamahal kita, Ba't di ka maniwala?

Anong kailangan kong gawin

upang seryosohin mo,

Ang aking sinasabi

Tungkol sa PAGIBIG KO SAYO

MANIWALA KA SANA,

MINAMAHAL KITAaaaaaa….

Rockin'Cheesy. But hey! I wouldn't like that song for nothing! It's for those who know me to know. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment